* Loading Gallery Images...

Chilliwack - 1915 (thumbnail) North Vancouver Ferry Dock - 1916 (thumbnail) Theatre Row, Granville St. - 1950 (thumbnail) Christmas Shoppers, Hastings St. - 1913 (thumbnail) Columbia Street - New Westminster - 1924 (thumbnail) Christmas Windows - Woodwards on Hasting (thumbnail) Marine Building on Hastings  - 1945 (thumbnail) Granville Street Bridge - 1921 (thumbnail) Theatre Row, Granville Street-1948 (thumbnail) Theatre Row, Hastings St. - 1926 (thumbnail) Pacific Gateway, Vancouver - 1912 (thumbnail) Vancouver Exhibition - 1910 (thumbnail) Top of Granville Street - 1912 (thumbnail) Lonsdale Quay-1919 (thumbnail) Vancouver Public Market-1908 (thumbnail) Blackburn's Service, Seymour Street-1928 (thumbnail) New Westminster BCER Depot - 1926 (thumbnail) Park Row, New Westminster - 1909 (thumbnail) Car #101 on Hastings-1949 (thumbnail) Passing Woodwards-1939 (thumbnail) A Capital Christmas (thumbnail) A Christmas Reunion-1914 (thumbnail) The Old Street Car Barn - 1894 (thumbnail) Stanley Park-1900 (thumbnail) Red Racer Diner, Penticton-1960's (thumbnail) Out to Pasture, Street car # 153 (thumbnail) English Bay, Vancouver, Canada (thumbnail) Granville and Hastings Streets in Vancouver (thumbnail) Crossroads at Langley Prairie - 1928 (thumbnail) Bathhouse on English Bay - 1931 (thumbnail)
Vancouver Public Market-1908 (large view)
 
Vancouver Public Market-1908
Limited Edition Giclee print on canvas (sn95)of the Vancouver Public Market in 1908 on Main St. Vancouver, B.C. Canada.

“Vancouver Public Market – 1908” shows Tram #75 in front of the market on a fine autumn day.
The market was located just north of 1st Avenue and just west of Main. It was built on pilings driven into the bed of False Creek and faced East onto Main Street. Streetcar service on Main Street stopped adjacent to market. The market was a grand building complete with a market restaurant and generous skylights and windows. It was 150 ft. wide at the front and housed 92 stalls for vendors, many of which were supplied by produce brought down the Fraser River by the Steamer “Stassa”.

Construction of the market was completed in May 1908. Subsequently it was necessary to move the building back “several feet” to make way for the new Main Street Bridge. 3000 people attended the Grand opening of the market on August 15, 1908. A fire destroyed the structure on November 10, 1925.

Streetcar # 75 was built by BCER in New Westminster shops in 1905. It was a two man, single end. After 44 years of service, Tram # 75 was scrapped in March 1949.


20" H x 32" W
Price: CA $700.00