News and Events
July 11 - Sept 8, 2013 The Reach Gallery Museum, Abbotsford presents Our Communities Our Stories, featuring some thirty original paintings by Brian Croft. Brian is known for “painting the history of Vancouver and British Columbia” including one of his most recent works, Abbotsford-1922. Croft’s careful research results in highly-accurate moments in time.
The Reach Gallery Museum is located at:
32388 Veterans Way
Abbotsford, BC V2T 0B3
Tel 604 864-8087
Past shows and events:
June 3, 2013 The Davie Art Shop now selling my work at 1242 Davie Street in Vancouver
May 11, 2013 Speaking Engagement: I presented: "History and Art, My Journey"
Surrey Museum and Archives, Surrey, BC
September 15, 2012 Abbotsford Art Gallery
This was my print launch for Abbotsford - 1922
33286 South Fraser Way, Unit 2, Abbotsford, B.C.
Phone 604 853 8828 or click this link: www.abbotsfordartgallery.com
September 7, 8, 9, 2012 The West Fine Art Show in sout h Surrey.
Pictured:(Senator Gerry St. Germain and his wife Margaret, Murray Phillips, Red Robinson, and Brian Croft).
This was my print launch for "Chinatown - 1960" with Red Robinson officiating.
Please visit www.westart.ca for more information about our 2013 show in September.
May 11, 12 and 13, 2012 Art in the City
- Featuring: "The Fighter Pilot and the Hippie" Murray Phillips and I had a great time at this show. Thanks to all of you who dropped by for our first combined show in Vancouver. Murray Phillips, one of the finest artists in B.C. can be found at: www.murrayphillipsart.com
- April 26, 2012. I spoke to the Maple Ridge Heritage Society at 22289 116th Ave. in Maple Ridge, B.C.
- April 16, 2012, I was asked to speak to the very active artist club, "Artswest" at the Newton Cultural Center, 13530 72Ave. Surrey, BC.
- April 6 thur 12, 2012, I was "Artist in Residence" at the Four Seasons Hotel in Vancouver with a large display in the hotel lobby during that period. On Saturday and Sunday, April 7 and 8, I was in the hotel between 10am and 5pm working on my next original, "Chinatown". Thank you to The Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver for hosting me on that occassion. This amazing hotel is located at 791 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, Canada.
- October 16, 2011.. I was at Heritage Park in Chilliwack between 10am - 4pm. This is the amazing Mount Cheam Lions Train and Hobby Show so make sure you bring the kids and grandchildren; you will thank me. To find the show, take exit 116 off Hwy 1.
- On September 24, 2011 I was hosted by Willowbrook Art This was the official print release of "Stanley Park Junction". I would like to thank all of you who attended and for those of you who took home several "Theatre Row - 1962", the impressively large"Theatre Row, Hastings - 1926" , and the large "Vancouver Bus Terminal", I know you find many hours of enjoyment with these historic images.
- September 16 - 18. 2011 I launched my latest limited edition print, "Capitol Theatre, Granville St. - 1956", a 1956 night scene on Granville Street of the occasion of Elvis Presley’s first movie debut in “Love Me Tender”; On that date, Red Robinson was on stage as MC.
The print launch and unveiling was held at the opening ceremony of The West is Best Fine Art Show; this annual three day show was hosted by Senator Gerry St. Germain at his south surrey ranch; see poster and details below. Red Robinson was front and center at the show opening and gave the audience an enchanting account of his day on stage at the Capitol Theatre on Granville before unveiling the print.
For more information on the annual West is Best Fine Art Show please go to: www.thewestisbest.ca
- May 8, 2011. It was great being featured artist and meeting everyone at the Grand Opening of the new GS & Co. Gallery at Scottsdale Centre.
- April, 2010. Thanks to Abbotsford Art Gallery for featuring my work at the Grand Opening on April 16th - Congratulations to Hong, artist and new owner/manager for her hospitality and for establishing such a wonderfull gallery.
- Fall, 2010. "Theatre Row - 1950" is sold out.
- Fall, 2010. My newest release is "Theatre Row, Granville St. - 1962"; We have sold over 100 prints to date.
- Fall, 2010. Two other new prints are now in galleries: "Cloverdale - 1913" and "Aristocratic Drive-in - 1958"
- Park and Tilford Gallery in North Vancouver - Congratulations to the new owners, Scott and Helena. Scott has been busy with my new release "Theatre Row, Granville - 1962". This gallery is the leading sales location for my two popular North Vancouver prints, "Lonsdale Quay-1919" and "North Vancouver Ferry-1929". Another popular and very romantic image is "Wigwam Inn 1913".
- April 4th, 2011. The City of Surrey honoured me with a "Friends of Heritage Award" for my research and production of the artwork "Cloverdale - 1913". Pictured below is Mayor Dianne Watts and members of Surrey City Council making the presentation.